For purposes of the applicable data protection laws, Sugarplum Fable Co. Ltd is the ‘data controller’. This means that Sugarplum Fable Co. Ltd determines the purposes for which and the manner in which your data is processed.
We may collect the following data, which includes personal data from you:
- Contact information such as email address and telephone numbers
We collect data in the following ways:
- Data is given to us by you
- Data is collected automatically
Sugarplum Fable Co. Ltd will collect your data in a number of ways, for example:
- When you contact us through the website, by telephone, post, email or through any other means
- When you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel
- When you make payments to us, through this website or otherwise
- When you elect to receive marketing communications from us
To the extent that you access the website, we will collect your data automatically, for example:
- We automatically collect some information about your visit to the website. This information helps us to make improvements to the website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- We will collect your data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser.
All of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Improvement of our products/services
- Transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you
We may use your data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances.
For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- Soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service and we are marketing similar products/services). Under soft opt-in consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- For other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
- If you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
We may share your data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data.
Technical and organisational measures include measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this email address: email@example.com
Even if we delete your data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your data:
- Right to access – the right to request copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reason why.
- right to correct – the right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your data – the right to ‘block’ us from using your data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your data), please contact us via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
It is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your data changes during the period for which we hold it.
We may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
All cookies used by this website are used in accordance with the current UK and EU cookies law.
Before the website places cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of cookies, you are enabling Sugarplum Fable Co. Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of cookies; however certain features of the website may not function fully or as intended.
You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete cookies at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access the website more quickly and efficiently including but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up to date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. you will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other right or remedy.
This agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes under the agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Sugarplum Fable Co. Ltd by email at email@example.com